This introductory lesson will focus on shotgun safety and the basic shooting techniques required to successfully break clays. This lesson is meant to be enjoyed. Our goal is to simply introduce you to an exciting sport while simultaneously improving your skill level.
Cost: $75 per hour. A group lesson can be accommodated for an additional $25 per hour, per shooter, with an 8 shooter maximum. You will also pay $.37 cents per target. You can expect to shoot 50-75 targets for your first lesson.
- The lesson will consist of instructional time and plenty of range time. There is also ample time to address questions.
Should I attend?
- Yes, if you are an inexperienced shooter or perhaps have never shot a round of sporting clays and would like to learn how to begin on the right foot, you should attend.
- Even if you are an experienced shooter but want to improve your basic technique or want to learn how to identify certain target presentations, you too should attend.
Duration: 90 minutes.
What should I bring?
- Shotgun with open chokes (cylinder, skeet or improved cylinder please)
- Don’t have a Shotgun? Let us know what type of shotgun you would like to rent (12 gauge -20 gauge-28 gauge)
- Ammo can be purchased on site or bring your own – 50 to 100 rounds of “low recoil” ammo if you are a new shooter…experienced shooters should bring their favorite loads (7 1/2 or below).
- Eye and Ear protection (this is a MUST)
- Pad and pencil for notes
- A small cooler with drinks. We have small coolers available for use if purchasing drinks from our pro-shop.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you MUST bring a parent or legal guardian
Topics Covered During Clinic:
- Safety Discussion
- Eye Dominance Scenarios
- Choosing your shotgun and ammo
- Importance of a Mental Program by Instructor Dimas Nunez
- Choosing the Break Point
- Foot Position
- Muzzle hold Position
- Focal Point – How to attain
- Three main American Shooting Methods
- Insertion points for all American shooting methods
- Introduction to West London Techniques by Instructor Dimas Nunez
Space is limited. To sign up please call: 770-345-0303
EMAIL US HERE
Click Here for intermediate -to- advanced level clinics.